Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Manifesto

As I was celebrating two milestones: my birthday month and at the same time, publication of my first book, I reflected on my life. This paradoxical personal manifesto is a result of said reflection.

For years I was afraid to take a risk. The familiar, something I was conditioned to do when I was a kid, by my parents. That narrow road, that I had to follow... That's all I knew. And that's all I did.
I broke through the Iron Curtain, moved across oceans and continents, traveled to exotic countries, translated foreign languages, worked for major companies and mastered new professions... but in all that time I was utterly terrified to do something totally unchartered and intimidating – sitting down and writing a book.
But now, my fear is gone. I've done my share of the same-old-same-old routine! It's time to explore that, which is aching to be explored: the murky waters of the human psyche, the dangerous landscapes of what was, and the fascinating, undiscovered world of what can be. As I make the most crucial and courageous step of my life, I am finally sitting down at my desk to write these words. I am officially the explorer of the ultimate frontier, located right here, at my computer.

I am ready for new adventures! Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment